Monday, September 20, 2010

Yeah, just reading that last and only post, my blogging record isn't too strong. But here we go again, I need an outlet and a place to advocate for my son. He's 8 years old now, we're living in Hawaii, where he has done so well. But it still seems like the community for disabled children is so closed off. There is still no change in his diagnosis. He has really great doctors here, but it's always the same roadblocks. I want to use this blog to help make people aware that there are people out there who don't have diagnosis. It's a very isolated place to be, because I have found not advocacy groups dealing with this category. Cerebral Palsy has UCP, Autism has Autism Speaks, etc. What is out there for those who basically don't know what will happen in the future. Sure a diagnosis isn't the end all and won't help my son walk or communicate, but it will give us something to start with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally love his mohawk.

If you want the videos or photos that I have of him to use here, let me know. I could put them on a thumb drive and bring it over.