Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sweet Amor!

First a quick update on my journey down the gluten free path!  I got glutened Sunday night, somehow.  Scary thing is that I'm not 100% sure how it happened.  It was either, cross contamination because I was cooking Javy's weekly pancake ration while I made my own dinner.  Or I ate some lunch meat and even though it said gluten free, it probably wasn't.  But it sucks.  I really have no motivation to do much and I'm cranky as  hell.  I'm just being honest.  I know, I am positively addicted to positivity, but I really can't sugar coat this.  I'm just putting a smile on my face and going about my business, but there's just no umph behind it.  Pretty much, all you can do is just wait for it to pass.  Last time it was three or four days before the headache went away.  All of this really makes me wonder.  How come I've been eating gluten all of my life and I was able to function pretty well?  I mean, there were issues.  That's what lead us down this path, but it wasn't a show stopper.  Life had to go on.  Now all of a sudden, I cleanse my body and one smidgen of gluten gets around me and its like all hell breaks loose.  Is it because we get so used to feeling miserable and deficient that we don't even know we are?

The other thing is that I've gained some weight.  I've kind of got this figured out and I'm trying to get back on the right track.  I have a limited diet and we're not the richest folks so we can't just up and restock the fridge.  Mom and Javy are eating the gluten stuff (hence, the pancakes).  I'm eating everything else.  It's like being in scavenger mode.  At first, I didn't feel like I was eating that much, but I think that the non gluten stuff actually has more calories.  For example, the picture below was my lunch one day.  It looks really healthy, right?  But its over 500 calories worth of food.  The humus, peanut butter and rice crackers are all high calorie and probably shouldn't be eaten together.  So I'll figure it out.  Its just hard right now with my lack of motivation.  But I think I just have to budget my calories with my new diet.  I'm back to using MyFitnessPal, religiously.



I don't like to leave things on a downer.  You maybe wondering about the title..  I said not much was making me happy right now, but I want to share with you one thing that is.  This is a picture I tried to capture of Javy seriously macking on a girl at KORE, an older surfer girl, of course.  You can see that he's looking down, because she was sitting on a towel in the sand, eating her lunch.  His attention went immediately to her.  But she would have none of it and refused to acknowledge  him.  It was so cute.  His attention could not be diverted until she finally got tired of it and walked away.  Ahhhh, young love.  

No comments: