Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013, The Best Year, Ever!

2013, The Best Year, Ever!  That was the  title of another news article I saw.  I liked it, so I took it on. Sincerely, I think that 2013 actually was the best year, ever.  It wasn't necessarily an easy year, nor did we win the lottery, nor did I marry any millionaires.  Or divorce any millionaires, for that matter.  I ain't got time for that.  This year, just had that certain kind of magic.  I've never felt stronger or more alive.  Javy is always doing new things and continues to amaze us.  Just last Saturday, I took him to Salt Pond and he held himself up, by holding on to the reef, horizontally in the water.  He did this totally independent from me, like he was doggy paddling.  I tried to get mom's attention to take photos, but she was watching whales, or something.  I am very grateful for a very good year, but I don't believe that it's going to stop just because it magically turns into 2014.  In fact, I'm even more excited to see what the future holds, because I believe that it will be that much more amazing.

As is tradition around this time of the year, I have compiled some of the highlights of this year.  I hope you enjoy it.  I've got to give some credits, first.  Most of the photos are mine, but the hiking photos are Aaron Emayo's and the really cool one of Javy in front of Diamond Head is Chris Grumble's.  And the surf photos are from photographers who I don't even know, but were out there when Javy and Kevin were surfing.  I owe them a huge mahalo.  They gave me a gift to see the joy on Javy's face that I can't see from the beach.  (One day, maybe I'll paddle out there myself.  But I don't want to become a rescue mission and take all the fun from Javy.)  As is, also, my tradition, I carefully chose the music that embodies the experience.  I really wanted to do Eddie Vedder's "Better Days", again.  I love that song.  It totally just says, what I just said.  "The future is paved with better days."  But I love Neil Young, too, and I always wanted to use "Heart of Gold".  I think I've found it, on so many levels.  So here you go.......


No comments: