Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just a phase????

Javy has been screaming....  A lot, lately.  It seems to be a temper tantrum.  He's like a completely different kid when he does it.  It usually corresponds with a time, like suppertime or snack time or Yo Gabba Gabba goes off.  He'll start these high pitched screeches and he'll flap his arms.  When the Shriner's nurse practitioner was trying to examine him, he was so mad at her.  He was looking at her, screaming and stiffening up, making her job, completely impossible.  This was so bizarre to me, I told her that it was like a completely new personality.  He's usually flirting and engaging, or he just ignores the person.  He never screams at people, well, just me.  In the back of my mind, I'm a little worried.  The nurse didn't seem concerned when I shared my concerns, just said he was a typical preteen.  Maybe, but I still wonder does he hurt somewhere, or is it another symptom of his undiagnosed disorder.  So what do I do with this information.  Do I spend a $15 co-pay and make an appointment with is regular doctor?  Dr. Raelson, Javy is screaming, a lot.  Ugh!

No comments: