Thursday, February 14, 2013

Inevitable Valentine's Day Post

I know all single people hate this day, but I have a hard time hating a holiday that's all about love.  Being the almost insanely obsessed person that I am about positivity, I think it's an awesome time to teach kids about sharing love and kindness. So I did the mommy thing last night and made homemade double chocolate chunk cookies and made them into Valentine's for Javy's class.  I did this for a variety of reasons. First there's the social aspect. Javy will look cool to his friends and its a way for him to express friendship. But in reality, the kids know Javy didn't make them.  Javy may not be able to express love verbally but he does it in other ways. I know the kids feel that. More importantly to me, it's a way for me to show my love to kids who are my son's friends.

My Funny Valentine

Notice he looks up for grandma




No comments: