Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yikes! A Bug!



A few nights ago, I noticed that there were a couple of bugs in Javy's bed, right before I was about to put him in it to go to sleep.  Needless to say, he didn't sleep in his bed that night.  He hasn't slept in his bed since that night, because the photos above are of his room.  I'm not sure if its an indication that I have some sort of compulsive disorder or what, but...yeah, anyway.  I had put a rubber flooring in his room because its soft.  Little did I know that would provide the perfect sanctuary for bugs.  It looked like the movie, "Bug Life" under there.  Ants had a super highway around the perimeter of the room and those little water bugs that seem to come from nowhere, were coming in through the crack in the cement.  I removed all the flooring and started prepping it to paint.  Frankly, I think that Javy's room needs to be simple with simple lines, I don't want anything that bugs can hide under.  So I started out just trying to prep to paint the floor then I figured I better take up the trim then seal under the trim.  And since I'm doing all that, I'm going to organize the closet, paint the ceiling and the trim, install a new ceiling fan and maybe remove the trim around the doorway to make it wider for his wheelchair.  Might as well.  I'm not one to freak out about bugs, I only shriek at cane spider because they always do sneak attacks.  But Javy can't swat away bugs. Wouldn't anyone do the same for their child?  I don't really have a compulsive disorder, just a love of demolition.  

No comments: