Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm really not Supermom!

So here it is....  I screwed up last week.  By the way, Javy has been in school for a full month  I love what the teacher is doing with Javy.

We noticed that everyday he was coming home with some kind of hair goop and his hair was all spiky.  I just figured the girls in his class were getting to play with his hair and fix his hair up.  We got a note last week from the teacher.  It said something to the affect that we may have noticed that he comes home with his hair all dolled up.  First thing in the morning they fix his and his other classmate's hair. Then they take them to their General Ed peer's classroom for some social time.  She feels that its important for him to fit in and have his hair all nice.  I totally approve of this and think its pretty cool that he gets to hang out with everyone, not just his Special Ed class.

But then it made me take notice of his hair, it was kind of scraggly and getting long, like the pre-Keanu Reeves length.  I decided that I should trim it.  I started on the side, cutting off his faux pork chops (sideburns).  Couldn't quite get it even, but I got it close enough.  Then I noticed that he was looking a little too much like John Stamos from the "Full House" years and I didn't want him to end up on "The People of Wal-Mart".  I tried to get the back straight, but it looked too choppy.  I decided to try trimming the back and the sides with the clippers.  I don't know if all the pressure of having to cut a big middle schooler's hair got to me, but I ended up just buzzing the whole thing.  Javy got so mad at me, I had to stop in the middle of it because he was full on giving me the droopy face-the complete upside down smile.  I really think that he realized that there would be no more getting slicked up for the girls at school.
Pre-Haircut


Buzz Buzz!  Won't even look at the camera!
Forgave me by Saturday, but only if he could use me as a flotation device!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ah the wonders of hair! I'm sure it will be popular as a fuzzy velvet for a while, then back to spikes ... it grows so fast!
You do realize there are those colored plastic combs that snap onto the clippers for next time? Makes a cool 'Butch' cut from the 1950's!