Sunday, May 20, 2012

Introduction

I am not a remarkable person!  I'm actually kind of boring, or rather simple.  I wouldn't read about me, there's really not much to me.  According to Facebook, I've lived in three place: Texas, Alabama and Hawaii.  (Shhhh, don't tell, but I also lived briefly in Maryland and Virginia.  But I don't want Facebook to know lest I get offers to join groups like "You know you lived in Maryland....Which would certainly include, "if you had to run home from school everyday dodging bullets")  I've been a civil servant for fifteen years, third generation civil servant, at that.  My bachelor's degree is in geography and history, for crying out loud.  Run away!

But I did do something remarkable, once.  I gave birth to a most amazing person (You can read about him in my other blog, Adventures in Javyland) and he's teaching me how to surf.

The idea came to me one day, last summer, while I was watching Javy surf that I too, wanted to surf and be free like Javy.  The problem: I'm a strikingly obese person, with a bum hip, a pinched nerve and a healthy fear of the ocean.

It's been almost a year since I conjured up this dream.  I've had some success and some failure.  So despite my boring, painfully plain life, I hope that someone will get something out of how my son has whipped me into shape.  But you've been warned.......

No comments: