Thursday, April 24, 2014

Positively Positive!

I gotta be honest, I've been a real stinker here, lately.

I've always tried to make this blog positive.  I want it to be about awareness of what it's like raising a kid who needs some extra help.  I want it to be inspirational.  I hope that I've never given the impression that our life is perfect, because that isn't what I was trying to do.  I usually ride through the problems and then post about how everything came out and what lessons were learned.  I don't blog in the moment, because then it would be hyper-emotional.  I was raised that you don't whine about your problems.  It's okay to talk about problems, but you have to come to the table with solutions, too.  So that is why I write the way I do.

But I also like things to be real.  I regard sincerity very highly so I hope I haven't put off any vibes that we lead this life of grandeur.  I get frustrated.  I yell at the dog, especially now that we have three and they all come when you call one.  I get down on myself.  But it's usually easy for me to snap out of it.  And I don't stay mad, too long.  Life goes on whether we're grumpy or not, might as well keep smiling.

Lately, I've been going through kind of a tough spell.  A lot of stuff kind of hit all at once, you know that sort of thing.  Life is still amazing, but I'm kind of exhausted and not really feeling it, just to be real.
Sunday morning was kind of tough, just kind of woke up, didn't really want to get up.  Didn't see the point.  I did because I'm an adult and I have to.  I still gotta get stuff done.  I kind of muddled through the morning.   Javy woke up, I got him up and we did our usual morning snuggle.  Then I noticed something, I instantly felt better, holding Javy in my arms.  Now I'm not trying to be corny here, I know that every parent says that they're kids make them happy.

This made me think.  I think, I now fully believe in the transfer of positive energy.  Think about this, Javy is the poster child of innocence.  No guile has ever come out of mouth.  He's never judged anyone.  He's never uttered the phrase: "I can't believe she's wearing those shoes with that outfit."  I don't believe that he's ever hated anyone.   This doesn't mean that he has open arms for anyone, he is discerning about who he likes to hang out with.  He's never gotten road rage and purposely tried to ruin some random tourists vacation, because they did a u-turn right in front of him.  (Not that I've ever done that.) He's never been vindictive.  If he's feeling bad, he doesn't try to make everyone around him miserable, too.  He doesn't complain.  He doesn't hold grudges or sulk.  Javy is pretty real.  He smiles when he's happy and doesn't when he's not.

Maybe this was obvious to other people, because people have always told me that Javy makes them happy.  I'm like, yeah, yeah, he's a smiley happy kid.  But I think he's just got some really positive vibes and he just gave me a whole new perspective on life.
Cruising with his homie!

No comments: