Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My First Attempt at Recipe Writing

Okay, I made something this am and I just have to share.  It came from my own head, but it was inspired by a former co-worker of mine.  Some of y'all may have heard me mention the Pancake Omelet that I made one day in an effort to make a gluten free pancake while conserving the all too expensive rice flour.  This was much better.  My co-worker suggested that you can also take peanut butter, eggs and bananas and make pancakes.  I'm trying to be grain free that means no rice, corn or wheat, pretty much just whole foods.  And I wanted something besides eggs and sausage (which I make homemade).  This is what I came up with and it has to be my favorite things now.

First, I mixed two eggs and about 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil together really well.  Then I add some unrefined coconut sugar and a dash of vanilla, mixed all of that really well.  I added about 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter.  I used the all natural kind from Costco, the one with just peanuts, no sugar, no added crappy stuff, the one my mom hates.  I even added about a handful of chocolate chips, the organic ones from Costco.  I heated up my skillet and slicked it up with some coconut oil, cooked the batter like regular pancakes.  I was so happy that it actually worked and I couldn't even tell that it had no kind of flour.  I topped it with organic honey and a pat of butter.  It fueled me up for my morning walk with the dogs and believe me, you need a lot of energy when you take a short legged dog and long legged dog for a walk, together.






2 comments:

Candice Gomez said...

Have you ever checked out the Civilized Caveman? He has a pumpkin cookie recipe that's very similar made with bananas and almond butter.....they are delicious! If you haven't checked him out I think you would like his recipes....he's paleo, grain-free and processed sugar free. These look fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Candace. I checked him out, he's got some good stuff.