Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Happy Birthday!

Today, at 11:30pm central standard time, Javy has been living it up on this earth for twelve years. His year has been really full:  Big wave surfing, surgery, a visit from his Alabama cousins and starting middle school.  The biggest changes have been gradual, those close to him may be the only ones who notice-his facial expressions, his body language.  His vocabulary has grown.  He says "mom" and I believe "nana" is his grandma.  He reaches to hold my hand or just reaches out for me and rubs my arm.  It seems to me that he doesn't just see me as the one who just takes care of him, but also looks to me for guidance and approval.  I do think that this is the first year that he actually understood that birthday is something special.  Every time someone said it to him, he just squealed with delight or looked at me, like "How did they know?"

I know, I know, you're saying just get on with the photo montage, because I know you have one.  And yes, I do.  These are more for my benefit, because I forget how far we've come and it's great to see how much he's grown and become a young man.  And I'm not even going to mention that there's seems to be darker hair on his upper lip.   Here you go, a slide show accompanied by Queen's "I want it all."
.  

No comments: