Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Exciting New Idea!

I've been mulling this idea in my head for awhile.  Remember, when I said that I didn't want to be an advocate because I just want to raise my own child and thought that it sucked that we have to force people to do their jobs and give us what the laws says is ours, already.  It was in my post, "We Need a Hero."  Well, it seems that life is pushing me to be more into advocacy, as I've had the opportunity to help some parents new to the world of Special Education and the DOE.

My big idea is to start a website that helps new parents step into the world of being a parent of special needs children.  I think I've also wrote in the past that when it was first discovered that Javy is going to be his own special Javy, I was thinking we'd be okay because there has to be a club that helps guide you through everything that's out there-medical, education, durable equipment.  I soon found out that its a very closed society and  you really have to dig, more like an underground club.  I want to gather all the useful information of everything that I know that's out there and even I want it to be more like a forum where everybody contributes-like a library.  What do you think?  Do you think this will be useful or do you know anybody it would be useful for?

I also need a name of the website.  I was thinking Super Parents of Super Children, but all parents are super and so are their children, so I thought Super Parents of Super Children with a side of challenges.  Hmmm, I don't know.  Feel free to contribute your ideas.

Thank you for everyone's support.

Our visit to Shriner's Hospital in Honolulu, 2/14/14



No comments: