Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Part 2


Spring Break is officially over.  Better finish our exciting adventures.

We left off, in part 1, with the doctor's visit.  The abbreviated version goes like this:  we ate met up with good friends, had a fabulous dinner, rode out the Tsunami warning on the 24th floor of a hotel in Honolulu, flew back to Kauai the next morning and hibernated the rest of the day.   Javy went surfing w/ Mr. Ryan (I had to work) on Saturday w/ KORE (still waiting on pictures).  But I was told that Javy's favorite surf guy, got him to stand on the board twice.  On Monday, my vacation began, the first of 10 glorious days.

Basically, we vegged out.  Went to Salt Pond, twice.  On Tuesday, the current was really funky.  The ocean is a funny place, not haha funny.  But the waves can be really high, but as long as the current isn't funky, I'm cool with it.  I don't like being in the water with Javy when I can't control myself.  We went, again, on Friday.  The water was a little too chunky and brown for me, so that was a short trip, too.

We did get some fishing in.  Well, more like, a game of let's see how long I can keep the shrimp on my hook without losing it on the rocks.  I got good after awhile, and managed to keep the shrimp on my line after 4 casts.  The crabs ate well, anyways.

Here's a photo montage of all the good times:






So tomorrow we're off to Koke'e for Javy 3rd Grade Class Field Trip.  I don't have to return to work until Friday, but technically Spring 2011 is pau.  

No comments: