Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ahead of the Game!

We had an awesome weekend.   It started out, of course, in Hanalei with a surf session with Javy's favorite surf partner, Kevin.  And a gourmet beach bbq with Debbie, Maia and Ryder.  Debbie is an awesome cook.  Then my sister and her girlfriend came over from the Big Island.  I feel very very blessed, because we now have a full cupboard and refrigerator.  They bought us two bags full of vegetables from the Big Island farmer's market, they are much cheaper.  I also feel ahead of the game because we already had our Thanksgiving bonanza, I think it was one of the best Thanksgiving meals I've ever had, personally. We also got a special treat- a night out on the town at Port Allen Bar and Grill, at sunset.
Javy living it up at dinner.  His Keanu Reeves hair is making a come back.


But irony is never too far away, my friends, as my body decided to detox itself on Monday morning and I came down with some kind of vicious stomach bug.  I didn't eat for over 36 hours and my first meal was a bowl of brown rice and lots of hot tea.  It's Tuesday evening, and I'm just now able to sit up.  So far no other family members have been afflicted, thank God.  For whatever reason my body needed it, but I really missed my kids at school and I won't get to see them until after the break now.

 So now I've got a long weekend to prepare all the vegetables that they brought over.  I really feel like a pioneer woman who's got to prepare the harvest for the winter months. I'm nervous, because I don't want to blow it.  I want to make sure everything is used as efficiently, as possible so that Javy and grandma can have plenty of healthy meals.  So now that I can sit up, it's time to do some research.  After having such an awesome gourmet beach barbecue, mostly with vegetarian dishes, I'd really like to learn to cook like that.  I mean, I'm from the south.  We do meat and the vegetables come with meat, too.  I've got a lot to learn.  Anyone have any suggestions, message me.  Have a good holiday, my friends.

No comments: