Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's Never Too Late....

I was thinking that I love that life took the good and the bad parts of me and made one awesome meld, that is me.  I don't know if it took me this long to figure that out, or took this long for me to take shape.  I think its latter and I owe it all to Javy.  Pre-Javy, I was young and obnoxious.  Most of you guys wouldn't have given me the time of day.  Javy brings out the best in me.  I'm glad that I can finally say that I'm proud of myself.  

I am determined that I will reach my first goal weight of 155, the last 20 pounds that have haunted me for the past couple of months.  I am so determined that I know that I will even lose weight over the holidays.  This is huge for me.  Last year, my goal was just to make it through the holidays without gaining weight, which I was successful, by the way.  For me, this is more than a physical development.  It tells me that I'm gaining strength inwardly, as well.  The holidays are more than food.  They are more than physical indulgences.

We are actually having our Thanksgiving meal, this Sunday, because my sister and her girlfriend are flying over for the weekend.  I am so excited to share with them a meal that is made from scratch.  I've already pureed the pumpkin that I found at our local farmer's market.  I made homemade cranberry sauce.  I think that I've even convinced them not to have a turkey.  I'm not sure about that one, but I refuse to buy a Butterball with all the nasty stuff they inject into it.  So we'll see how that goes.  We're going to visit a local farm to get fresh herbs and vegetables, maybe even get some goat milk.  It's just going to be an awesome time of sharing and reminiscing.  I'm sure we'll bring my grandma's memories back to life as we cook her cornbread dressing, with a non-wheat twist.  And of course, our Aunt Dru's memory will be kept alive with some some fresh breakfast screw driver's, can't make Thanksgiving dinner without them.  

No comments: