Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Let me just whip something up..." She said!

I know, I know, enough of the blogs about our reno projects.  But I gotta give a shout out to my mom.  Today, she built a bed for Javy, pretty much out of thin air.  Not really, but really.  You see, yesterday, after my last blog, we discovered one little problem.  Javy's new lift didn't fit under the metal frame I was using for his mattress.  Oh yes, we got a new lift for Javy.  Javy finally became too big for my mom to lift so it was an absolute necessity.  Thanks to Javy's awesome medical posse-Sue and Doc Raelson, we got one, actually, pretty quickly.
Javy all snug in his bed

Back to the bed.  Since Javy is in school now, mom has to have the lift to get him ready in the morning.    We had no choice but to spend our 4th building Javy a new bed.  I did all the sawing and hammering stuff, but the design is hers.  She just told me what to do.  She made it out of a refurbished wooden box spring and some wooden slats that she got from the Habitat Restore.  If you haven't been to a Habitat Restore then you haven't lived.  We're pretty much the queens of the Restore.  It wouldn't win any design contests but I love its rustic, simple look.



I think this style is early Walden Pond. 

Now the lift fits perfectly under the bed.  

Its all fun and games for Javy.





No comments: