Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Simplify, simplify."



I don't think this is what Thoreau meant when he said, “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.”  But tonight, Javy will be sleeping back  in his own room, again, and I will feel relatively sure that there will be no place that any bugs can hide.  And he has a brand new ceiling fan that he loves.  For the last week or so I have done my fair share of home improvement projects.  I was a carpenter, an electrician, a painter and even a plumber.  As I laid under the sink for about two hours trying to reach all the pipes and things to disconnect the old sink while all my core muscles were engaged and tight.  Or while I was doing power squats around Javy's room pulling out old trim and touching up the paint.  Or even while I had both hand in the air trying to tighten little tiny screws  for the covers that hold all the electric wires that make the ceiling fan work, I wondered one thing.  How in the world are there fat contractors?  But tonight I think I solved that mystery.  I have never wanted a cold beer more than I do, right now.  Maybe later, when Javy is safe and sound in his room.  

No comments: