Saturday, April 20, 2013

Talk is cheap...

Talk is cheap, but sometimes its priceless and sometimes it doesn't require words.  The following are two conversations:

The first one is a convo with a co-worker last night, after work, about my 16 years of federal service.

CW: Where did you move from?
Me: Alabama
CW: Who did you work for?
To protect my privacy, I'm not going to reveal my answers.  I think you can follow the rest of the conversation with his questions.
CW: What and you moved here, to work here?  You had to be making pretty good money!
CW:  What?  You crackhead, why would you move here?
Me:  Hold on, let me show you something.

Me:  You can't do that Sh&* in Alabama!  (Sorry, my Alabama peeps, but its true.)
Silence
Me:  Better quality of life for my son, that is all!

Second Convo between me and Javy, this morning.

Javy's eating breakfast and I say, "Javy what you want to do today!" So I pull out the iPad and give him two choices.

Javy carefully considering his choices before breakfast.
You can't really see from the pic, but his choices are swimming and toys.  Javy continues to eat his breakfast but he's obviously looking at each picture.  During a break between bites, I bring it up, again.

Me:  Okay, you ready to make a decision.  Swimming or play with toys.  
Javy choosing Swimming
Me: Swimming!  Yay, I'm glad you chose swimming, because that's what I want to do, too.  

So another beautiful Saturday morning was spent at Salt Pond.  And we weren't the only ones enjoying a swim.  We had to share our spot with a Monk Seal.

You can barely see us, almost to the open water.  The monk seal was right behind us.

See the dark spot to the left of us, that's the monk seal





No comments: