Sunday, April 28, 2013

The siamese whisperer!

Do you think that there are special people who have a connection with animals?  I do, just watch The Horse Boy or read Temple Grandin's books.  I think its possible that Javy may have a connection with animals.  There's the story that Kevin told me about the turtles coming up to look at him while they were surfing.  Turtles that normally scatter when other surfers come through.  There was the monk seal, last weekend, who seemed to follow us around as we were swimming at Salt Pond.  I swear he looked straight in Javy's eyes.

But tonight, I want to present the real evidence of this connection.  A real scientist might balk at my research, because of my sampling methods, oh well, its all I got.  Ok, here it goes:






This is a series of pics I took today of Javy and Eli.  Eli is a siamese cat.  The reason Eli is the subject of my research is because as I a child, I was terrorized by two different siamese cats, raised by two different families, in two different states.  My grandma's cat, Murf, would jump out when least expected and attack my legs.  He would literally chase me around the house.  I had this picture book of cats and on the back was a siamese cat playing with a big red ball of yarn.  My childish mind thought that it was actually a picture of a siamese cat attacking a red-headed little girl.  Same thing with my uncle's cat.  We had to watch it for them while they were on vacation.  I had scratches from head to toe.  My sampling of only two cats may not prove that siamese are aggressive, but its my real life experiences and I don't really want to have to Google it.  This is more fun.  

Eli isn't all together a complete angel.  He gets pretty rough with me when I play with him.  Never stick your hand in front of him when his ears are back.  But his ears have never gone back for Javy.  And Javy doesn't have a nice easy touch.  I've said it before, but to be loved by Javy is actually quite painful.  When he wants to kiss you, he'll grab you (and he has a really strong grip) and he bites down.  Hasn't quite got the puckering down.  So when he's petting Eli, he's using a lot of force.  He can't help it, his muscles are too tight.  But Eli will sit there and take it.  I've only heard him give him a warning meow, once.  He doesn't give me warning meows.  

Hey, maybe its me!  Maybe siamese cats just don't like me.  Anyway, I just wanted to celebrate Javy and Eli's close friendship.  I don't really know if Javy has a deep connection with animals or not.  I'm just glad they seem to be friendly with him.




No comments: