Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Sincere Dedication to Mom!

I'm hoping that everyone is having or is going to have a wonderful Mother's Day.  Of course, for me Mother's Day is everyday because I actually do have the most wonderful son in the world.  But for me and my siblings, it's a day for us to try make it up to our own mother.  As my sister said, this is an impossible task, but we can try.  We can try.

My mother is an incredibly strong woman, who had three of us, I am the youngest.  I'm not going to go into her personal details, because, well, that is her personal details.  She can write her own blog if she wants to.  But I will go into my own personal details.  I like to joke and tell my sister and my brother (who are a few years older) that we were raised by two different mothers.  My mom was a homemaker when they were kids and she was a single working girl when I was growing up.  My parents divorced when I was 7 or 8, I can't remember.  It's really cool for me, because I got to watch her transform and develop herself.  This has wholly contributed to my character and own ethics.  I know that you can reinvent yourself in your thirties and, again, in your forties and come out stronger and better.  I sincerely believe that we should always be striving to learn and improve ourselves.  And I know, no matter what is thrown at me, if I just keeping taking steps forward, everything will work out.

As mom eats her whole wheat, raw sugar, strawberry yoghurt pancakes, this fine Sunday morning, let it be known that it is a small token to show my appreciation for:


  • Retiring early so I did not have to worry about who would be taking care of Javy after school.
  • Driving back and forth from Huntsville to Birmingham, at night, to attend birthing classes with me.
  • Sitting by my hospital bed when I had surgery in January and sleeping on that pull out chair with your funky hips.  
  • Being patient with me with all the stupid boyfriends and giving me the self confidence to realize that I'm better off without the stupid boyfriends.  
  • Always putting us first before you own wants.  She could've been a disco queen but she lived for us.  
  • Showing me what's important about life-family, love and respect.
  • Letting me make my own mistakes without judgement.
This is not a comprehensive list.  I will keep some of the other things private.  

Thanks, Mom!



No comments: