Sunday, May 5, 2013

Don't I have "Mommy" written all over my face.

I know, I know!  It may seem like I missed two days of blogging in a row, but its 1203 a.m. in the morning here and I just got home from work.  I chose to spend my Saturday morning with my son since he gives me stink eye for being away so much.  Yes, I did miss yesterdays, but I didn't get home until after 1:00am and I was too tired to fight it.

I've pretty much come to terms with the possibility of a diagnosis and I'm at peace now.  It's just sometimes when you wish and wish for something and you finally get it, there's a possibility that it might be scary.  I'm sure that is the second part of all Disney princess fairy tales.  They get home with Prince Charming and then they wonder what do I do now? My goal is to remain calm and just avoid the freaking out phase.  Trust that good can come from everything.  I'll get there.   We've been through so much already, but really in perspective, none of it has really been that bad.  Javy is awesome and I wouldn't want him to be anything other than himself.

But I had an interesting moment, today.  A Co-Worker asked me today, "When am I gong to start having babies?"  I said, "I already have."  What was interesting to me was my reaction, I didn't share it with anyone, I just kind of chuckled to myself.  It was surprising, because I'm thinking, isn't it obvious that I'm a mother.  I don't think about myself any other way.  To me, that is my identity.  I was thinking, "What, you don't know that I'm Javy's Mama?"  There's no reason, he would know that, either.  I guess, I just thought I had it written across my face.  Can anyone else relate?  

No comments: