Friday, May 10, 2013

I love it when doctors, personally, call us back!

Just want to give a quick update on our upcoming genetics appointment and the possibility of a diagnosis.  Today, I had a message from the actual geneticist, Dr. Slavin.  He's the one I wrote about in my previous post, "Is There a Geneticist in the House?"  Personally, I think he's awesome and his awesome meter just went up today.  Not only did he leave a message, but when I called the office back, he was actually available to talk.  We've seen many, many doctors and that's priceless.  Javy's pediatrician will talk to us and we even have his personal cellphone.  Besides that, his nurse is just as awesome to talk to, anyways.  My neurosurgeon, actually, called to check on me after my surgery and I was able to talk to him directly when I called back.  Those are the only ones I can remember talking to on the phone.  My point is that I think that a doctor who returns phone calls and talks to their patients directly is a keeper.  Enough adoration, I know everyone wants to know what the doctor said, right?

They don't have anything specific, however, the tests were positive for things that could cause seizures and delays in intellectual development.  The doctor's actual words were, "There were some really big words floating around in his urine."  Honestly, he told me what they were but I don't remember.  He said the disorders were very rare.  He wants to discuss those things and have a look at Javy to see his physical features and how he's grown and to discuss some further tests to narrow something down.  I can't wait until Tuesday.  See what I mean about roller coasters, though.  I went from being curled up in the fetal position to full blown acceptance.  It just takes me a second to process information and get right with it.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day Weekend!

Dinner at Wrangler's

No comments: